List of the common Nigerian dishes.
Nigeria being the giant of Africa both in population and lad map, it a wonder place to stay with different people of different tribe, culture, religion and ethnicity. It is important to know that we have 3 major tribes in Nigeria which are Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo with other small tribes. In languages there are hundreds of languages.
Below is the List of the common Nigerian dishes.
- Rice and Stew is no doubt common to an average Nigerian
- Jollof rice and fried rice which is a common dishes for both elite and the common man in Nigeria. Especillay in Nigeria parties.
- Beans and Bread is also another common dish but some avoid it due to their health.
- Yam and Egg
- Beans and Plantain
- Yam porridge
- Yam and Beans
- Amala, Ewedu and stew or any other soup
- Pounded Yam and any soup
- Eba and any soup
- Tuwo shinkafa or masara with soup (common with the Northerner)
- Semo and any soup
- Fufu and any soup
Note: soup in the above varies according to individual culture or nature. Below is the list of prefered soup
- Egusi soup
- Okra soup
- Ugu Vegetables
- Vegetables(Efo suko,Efo tete, depends on tribe)
- Edika eko
- Afan soup
- Mia kuka
Share with us your experience with List of the common Nigerian dishes.