COREN Office in Abuja: Contact Details.
Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria (COREN) is a professional engineering regulatory body that helps to regulate the practice of engineering in Nigeria.
It was established by decree 55 of 1970 and amended by Decree 27 of 1992, later to “Engineers (Registration, etc) Act, CAP E11 of 2004” Law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. In Nigeria, this Act empowers and establishes COREN as a statutory body of the Federal Government empowered to regulate the Practice of Engineering in all aspects and ramifications in Nigeria.
They are body set-up by the Decrees 55/70 and 27/92 (now Acts 110) which empowered the Council to regulate and control the training and practice of engineering in Nigeria and to ensure and enforce the registration of all engineering personnel (i.e. Engineers, Engineering Technologists, Engineering Technicians, and Engineering Craftsmen) and consulting firms wishing to practice or engage in the practice of engineering.
COREN Office in Abuja
Council for the Regulation of Engineering in Nigeria,
22 Addis Ababa Crescent,
Wuse Zone 4,
The Council(COREN) is the highest policy-making body. Members of the Council must be registered Engineering Personnel. The Council consists of 26 members in accordance with the Act, as follows:
- The President – elected by the Council.
- Six (6) Representatives of the Nigerian Society of Engineers
- Four (4) Representatives of the Universities with Engineering Faculties
- One (1) Representative of the Polytechnics
- One (1) Representative of the Technical Colleges
- Six (6) Representatives from states of the Federation
- Four (4) Representatives of the Minister
- One (1) Representative of NATE
- One (1) Representative of NISET
- One (1) Representative of NAEC
COREN Office in Abuja: Address and Contact Details.